Fear and Loathing at Glen Arbour
Crazed madman on the 102 . . . The sum total of nothing . . . An upsetting change in routine . . . Balls on the loose . . . Start of the journey to Gonzo?
Music: Bob Dylan - Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
Lazy day today. Got up at 8:30, left the house at 8:45 and managed to make it to work by 9 (due to some fancy footwork on the gas pedal, if you catch my meaning). Work today was the slowest day we've had since May though, which was a huge disappointment and made the day absolutely drag along. The entire sum of work in my day consisted of making one sale in the gift shop, and moving a Shop-Vac from the lobby to the hangar workshop. And I didn't even get paid today! It was pay day, but my boss decided that instead of coming in Wednesday night to drop off the cheques, like he always does, that he'd drop them off after he got off work today, which wasn't until 6 pm. So my paycheque is probably sitting in the cash drawer right now at work, without me. Grr
So I came home at 5, and went out to play golf with my grandfather and stepdad. And of course, since I basically never go golfing, I came in dead last. But it was still my best round ever, a 48 on 9 holes, and I only lost 6 balls. :P
I'm trying to decide if I want to minor in Journalism or not. My first choice for after my BA is still a Commercial Pilot's License (and with all the necessary ratings therein), but that could be prohibitively expensive. I've always also wanted to do reporting, specifically sports reporting, and it would offer great chances to travel around. Plus sports journalists (especially ones with previous degrees) are always in demand, so I could basically choose where I want to go, from Phoenix to Gdansk. So today I was thinking that I could shortcut a BJ degree (get your minds out of the gutter) with a minor in Journalism with this degree if the Pilot thing doesn't work out. And then I can be a gonzo journalist. Whether or not the insanely copious amounts of drugs will be involved, I leave to your imagination. Thoughts?
PS: Tonight, I start my Wikipedia article about the NSSSA. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home